Sunday 11 August 2013

The Dream Marathon 2014

YES! it's going to be my 2nd Full Marathon! But this was not in my Radar of events in running.


Although I heard of it, it was initially planned by my girlfriend to do her Full Marathon debut in The Dream Marathon (TBR).  Jaymie Pizarro and Jim Lafferty are co-founder of this program with training coach Lit Onrubia and  Neville Manaois as race director



Quite idle on work, I got a text message from Kath requesting to register her for "The Dream Marathon". I had no idea that time how the process of registration but since I had 2 hours to research, I just maximized the time of checking the information.

Soon, I reached the run.ph site but registration is not yet activated though it has a countdown. I made sure that i'll be free from task when the time comes.

It was 11:59:30 AM when I noticed that the registration button was enabled. With no time to waste, I immediately clicked the button and fill in all the required information. It was the time my body became nervous just the same when booking a flight for piso fare for several people hoping to get in. 

Registration was quick and easy but a part of me saying that's it?!?

Really thought the registration was complex. So what i did was check the registration again and see if i missed some form/button.

Then i started to get worry about my girlfriend having no one to pace her up throughout the entire race. Not really sure if she needs assistance so i just registered myself but i'm not expecting to get a slot because it was almost 12:30 PM and not sure if the list will fill up that fast.
  
The list of official runners came out and I didn't bother to check it out. However, Kath was well informed because she follow Jaymie's social media account. She checked the site but she found my name first :) hahahaha.. She just found out I registered myself too. She just gave me a tiger look that time then luckily she also found her name too.

The Dream Marathon has 22-week training program with two weekday runs and one long run in the weekend.

Bull Sessions (run clinics) and Bull Circles (running talks) is part of the training.

I and Kath don't have a coach nor a team to guide us. We just run every time we have free days and rely what internet offers us. So we are really excited for the coming days for training days.


We missed the bull session 1 at BGC due to we were too exhausted to get up from work. But we managed run at the village and follow the training hours based on the program.

.......


Bull Session 2, we were able to see all the dreamers for the first time in running attire. Well, we have seen them during Bull Circles but not ready for action in running.

The groups were divided based on the speed and endurance your body is capable of. They are incorporating RUN/WALK intervals until you reach the amount of time based on the training. The training is not about the distance but it's about the duration of your training. 

It was really quite new to us being a conservative type in training, we just chose the 3:1 group. 3 minutes running/jog and 1 minute walk for recovery.

Few kilometers we were able to catch up with out pacer. Then our bodies becomes weaker as we approach more than halfway of training hours. We were not able to catch up on the group and we were almost left behind.

We didn't finish the last loop and went straight to the 30th Track to get Gatorade and recover. As we are still thinking for tomorrows run for RUN UNITED PHILIPPINE MARATHON.

Little did we know, most of our batch mates will also be joining the series. I am sure, not everyone pushed their limit that day.







The Dream Marathon || Bull Runner

No comments:

Post a Comment